Tuesday, December 24, 2013

BEING NEEDY IS NOT ALWAYS A BAD THING

Some days I am tempted to nominate, second, and approve myself as wife and mother of the year.  On these days my activities go as planned, the new recipe I tried for dinner was a winner and all is well and I think, "I GOT THIS."  BUT these days are few and far between. Recently an older cousin stayed with me for a few days.  She was such a blessing and she helped me to realize how much I needed help. Being needy in this case is not a bad thing.    The old adage no man is an island is so true.  God did not design us to go at it alone.  On his earthly tour, Jesus, the son of God had 12 disciples.  What makes me think that God is expecting me to do this alone? I am slowly recognizing that I don't have to be supermom and that it is ok to ask for and receive help.  This admittance  takes a great level of vulnerability and humility. Pride tries to convince me that being needy is for the weak.  It whispers, "you are smart enough, strong enough, no one can do it like you can."  But it is true, God does resist the proud but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6). And believe me when I say I am in desperate need of God's grace.

This mindset of asking for help also applies to our walk with God.  None of us have to fight the devil by ourselves.  Perhaps you are struggling in a certain area but don't want to admit it to anyone.  Purpose in your heart that you will not let pride cause you to carry the same baggage into 2014.  Build relationships with godly people, ask for prayer, let down your guards and confess your sins to another (James 5:16.). It brings healing and liberation!

No comments:

Post a Comment